The Custodian maintains the cleanliness of a building and the surrounding grounds. His/Her duties include vacuuming floors, sanitizing restroom facilities and collecting trash to ensure the building’s occupants have a clean space.
- Performs routine maintenance activities.
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Orders new cleaning supplies as needed
- Maintains floors in a clean state by sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, and waxing them
- Maintains an inventory of all the cleaning equipment and regularly replenish
- Restocks all the disposables such as soap and toilet paper
- Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power machinery to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- High School degree or general educational diploma is preferred
- Previous experience as a Custodian is preferred
- Able to use a variety of cleaning products and equipment.
- The physical ability to bend, reach, stretch, walk, and bend during the daily routine
- Adequate knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Possess working knowledge of the methods, technique, and materials used in custodial work
Skills needed for this role
The Custodian must have hands-on experience in overseeing the maintenance of spaces, appliances, and equipment. He/She must be organized, can multitask and can manage time.He/She must be knowledgeable about best practices in cleaning, maintenance, and management tasks.
Less than 1 Year Experienced Employee
Facilities and Maintenance, Housekeeping