A Data Analyst will interpret data and turn it into information which can offer ways to improve a business, thus affecting business decisions. A Data Analyst will gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends. The Data Analyst will report back what has been found in a comprehensive study to the wider relevant colleagues.
- Interprets data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develops and implements databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Designs and maintains data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
- Demonstrates the significance of their work in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both their organization and industry.
- Identifies patterns and trends in data sets
- Works alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks
Skills needed for this role
The Data Analyst must have the ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms. He/She must have strong verbal and written communication skills, must have the ability to analyse large datasets. Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc) is needed. Leadership skills for complete decision-making and problem-solving tasks are also essential.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee