The Data Engineer facilitates the operations of the company’s data scientists. The data engineer will be responsible for employing machine learning techniques to create and sustain structures that allow for the analysis of data while remaining familiar with dominant programming and deployment strategies in the field.
- Assembles large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identifies, designs, and implements internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Builds the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Works with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keeps our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions
- Creates data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Works with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in data engineering, big data analytics, computer engineering, or related field; Master’s degree in a relevant field is advantageous.
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Data engineering certification (e.g. IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus
Skills needed for this role
The Data Engineer must have great communication skills both oral and written. He/She must have good programming skills and familiarity with programming languages (Java, Python). He/She must have leadership skills in mentoring the team members, be good at building and maintaining relations with clients and must have strong project management and organizational skills.
Supervisory, IT Professionals
Information & Technology, Industry Analysis, Business Intelligence