The role of an Equity Research Analyst is to analyze financial data and public records of companies, and use this analysis to determine the value of the company’s stock and to predict the company’s future financial picture. This job is focused heavily on research and analysis. The equity research analyst will combine a strong quantitative skill set with a range of qualitative skills in order to effectively communicate their research in writing and verbally to clients.
- Analyzes both buy-side and sell-side securities
- Uses computer programs and tools including Word, Excel, Bloomberg, the Internet, and Reuters
- Adapts one’s analysis to specified formats, templates, styles and deadlines when creating reports
- Communicates well both in writing and orally
- Collaborates with other team members and share information and insights
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of companies
- Maintains a large list of independent sources/contacts for information
- Responds to breaking news developments on companies within one’s sector
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Master’s in Business administration, Masters of Finance or Masters of Financial analysis.
- Profound understanding of equity markets on a global level. In addition, a deep understanding of fundamental analysis, financial modeling, asset allocation, and strategy research
- Prior experience in financial services (2-4 years)
- Platform experience within Bloomberg
- CFA is a plus
Skills needed for this role
The Equity Research Analyst must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency for presenting and debating a point under pressure and should have a high level of pro-activity, initiative, energy, enthusiasm and professionalism. Having an advanced Excel proficiency is essential.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Finance, Business Management, Financial Analysis, Financial planning, Financial modelling