The Food Runner is responsible for delivering the food from the kitchen to a customer in a restaurant. He/She ensures that each customer receives the correct order and hands the order to the chef, double checking orders, matching the food ticket to the customer, and refilling the customer’s drinks. He/She also has to answer any questions a customer may have.
- Follows all instructions from expeditor
- Sorts and organizes incoming food tickets
- Ensures each food ticket item is communicated to correct chef
- Maintains orders according to each table and food ticket
- Ensures each order is prepared to the restaurant’s and guest’s specifications
- Garnishes and prepares dishes for presentation as needed
- Promptly delivers each course as it is prepared to the correct table and in order
- Communicates clearly any additional orders or needs the guests may have to cook staff
- Serves water to guests and refilling beverage glasses as needed
- Places and replaces silverware as needed
- Delivers beverages from the bartender
- Answers guest questions or listen to their concerns
- Removes guests’ dirty dishes and utensils
- Delivers used dishes and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning
- Directs guests to restrooms or exits as needed
- Assists kitchen staff with preparing ingredients
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification is a must.
- Knowledge of food safety
- Works well and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to stay professional in a stressful work environment.
- Available to work different hours including weekends, days, and nights.
- Ability to listen to directions
- Able to stand on your feet for at least 8 hours
Skills needed for this role
The Food Runner must have outstanding communication and people skills, superb multitasking skills and great organizational skills.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Hospitality, Food Management