The Handyman conducts basic maintenance on various businesses or homes. His/Her main duties include repairing plumbing systems, fixing company equipment or tools and testing various company or home appliances to ensure they work properly.
- Deals with minor electrical repairs and fixings.
- Regularly checks external areas for any potential danger to people on site.
- Regularly performs maintenance jobs and light repairs
- Ensures mechanical equipment is in working order and fixed as necessary.
- Repairs equipment and various machines and appliances
- Undertakes light installation or carpentering (e.g. build cabinets)
- Performs lightning installation and carpeting
- Assists with deliveries and general portage duties.
- Assembles furniture or equipment
- Maintains property exterior through the different seasons
- High School degree or general educational diploma is preferred
- Previous experience as a Handyman for more than 2 years
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- More than 3 years of experience with appropriate electrical tools and equipment
- Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance
- Must be physically strong and capable of working with machinery or moving heavy equipment
- Able to resolve complaints quickly and efficiently
Skills needed for this role
The Handyman must have the knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures. He/She must have the literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to check delivery notes, measurements etc. Having the ability to regularly handle/carry items.
Facilities and Maintenance