Interior Designers plan the design of living and commercial environments. They then manage the work of turning their ideas into a reality. They need to design a space that is practical for its purpose as well as visually pleasing.
- Works with clients to determine initial goals and requirements for the space to be designed.
- Guides clients through the selection of materials and furnishings, and the budgeting process
- Establishes what the client wants to achieve and the budget available for the project.
- Develops detailed designs and choosing materials
- Creates design concepts and digital presentations with finish selections, furnishings, and fixtures.
- Develops detailed designs, often using computer-aided design (CAD) software or small-scale models
- Projects managing for the client where required, to ensure the project is constructed and finished to suit the proposals and to keep control of design issues which may arise on site.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe products, and related software applications
- Expertise in computers and technology
- Ability to use computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic understanding of building codes and inspection regulations related to interiors.
Skills needed for this role
The Interior Designermust have strong creative skills matched with a desire to produce outstanding design. She/He must be resourceful and have the ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously.Strong visual design skills including proportion and aesthetics is essential. Having a creative eye for detail in preparation of design presentation materials is also required.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee