The Key Account Manager is responsible for handling the most important client accounts in a company. He/She is the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed.
- Develops a complete understanding of key account needs
- Develops and sustains solid relationships with key clients that bring in the most income for the company.
- Develops and managing a portfolio of Key Accounts
- Researches key customer wants and needs
- Manages communications between key clients and internal teams
- Acts as the main point of contact between key clients and internal teams.
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction as well as up-sell and cross-sell potential within existing customers to maximize share of wallet
- Resolves customers’ complaints in an effective and respectful way
- Establishes and oversees internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the client
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Successful previous experience as a Key Account Manager and Sales Manager for more than 5 years
- Knowledge of sales principles and skills to offer excellent customer services
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Excellent and motivational communication skills
- Possess good computer skills and knowledgeable about relevant technological applications related to the particular organization
Skills needed for this role
The Key Account Manager must have strong negotiation skills, with ability to follow-through on client contracts. He/She must have the ability to multitask, manage more than one client account and multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently. Being goal-oriented, organized team player and being able to encourage team and staff are also essential for this role.
Sales and Marketing