The National Account Manager develops, maintains, and improves client relationships across a large territory. He/She meets with customers to discuss their needs and how to meet them better as well as provide them with new products or services to try out.
- Plans and oversees sales targets for regional account managers
- Manages and engaging strategic key retail accounts
- Sets and checks sales targets for regional account managers
- Develops annual account business trade plans
- Ensures adherence to all relevant brand guidelines
- Builds and retain relationships with customers to ensure long-term success
- Develops and grows new and existing accounts and will be responsible for maintaining and increasing volume levels within existing accounts
- Stays up to date with new developments/policies
- Communicates with potential customers to identify and address specific needs
- Directs junior account managers or regional salespeople to visit directly with clients.
- Works closely with the director of sales to ensure that your department is reaching sales targets and goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Successful previous experience as a National Account Manager and Sales Manager for more than 5 years
- Knowledge of sales principles and skills to offer excellent customer services
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Excellent and motivational communication skills
- Possess good computer skills and knowledgeable about relevant technological applications related to the particular organization
Skills needed for this role
The National Account Manager must have strong negotiation skills, with ability to follow-through on client contracts. He/She must have the ability to multitask, manage more than one client account and multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently. Being goal-oriented, organized team player and being able to encourage team and staff are also essential for this role. This role also entails traveling as needed.
Sales and Marketing