The Maintenance Mechanic keeps the machinery at a business operating effectively. He/She assembles, inspects, installs and tests new pieces of equipment to ensure proficiency. He/She is expected to perform emergency repairs, which necessitates the ability to troubleshoot promptly. Preventive maintenance needs to be performed frequently.
- Installs and assembles of new machines and equipment
- Troubleshoots machinery and performs routine preventative maintenance.
- Inspects machines regularly for signs of malfunctions, including visual inspections, listening for irregular noises and conducting scheduled testing as appropriate.
- Schedules and performs routine preventative maintenance and service for each piece of equipment
- Installs replacement parts (which he often fabricates himself using machine shop instrumentation)
- Cleans, repairs and installs equipment and parts as needed.
- Schedules and performs routine preventative maintenance and service for each piece of equipment.
- Works effectively with other team members in a loud environment
- Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
- Proven work experience as a Maintenance Mechanic
- Successful trade or vocational school completion
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills.
- Excellent manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Prior experience with machine tools and industrial machines.
- Hands-on experience with different manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
Skills needed for this role
The Maintenance Mechanic must have strong mechanical and manufacturing experience. He/She should have a practical mind, mechanical aptitude, and strong attention to detail. He/She should be able to ensure that machinery and equipment are in excellent operating condition.