The Nail Technician shapes and styles people’s nails, provides manicures, pedicures and other nail treatments. He/She usually works in salons and spas, though some are self-employed and work from home or travel to their customers.
- Provides individualized nail services and treatments to clients, including manicures and pedicures
- Recommends various nail designs and nail art to clients.
- Greets clients and discuss the services they want
- Removes previously applied nail polish, shape and smooth the ends of nails,
- Cleans the nails, soften, push back and trim nail cuticles, and apply polish on nails
- Builds rapport with clients to retain them and maintain a full schedule
- Works towards the actualization of spa sales goals by selling appropriate products and services to clients and guests
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment
- Minimum of High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), plus a vocational training or professional nail technician course training
- State manicurist/cosmetologist license.
- Proven work experience as a Nail Technician
- In-depth knowledge of manicure and pedicure techniques.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cosmetology trends and skills
Skills needed for this role
The Nail Technician must be creative and artistic, with a very strong eye for detail. He/She must have strong communication skills to explain various treatments/services to clients as well as educate them about retail offerings. He/She must be willingly active to support group goals. He/She must have selling skills to promote their company’s services and retail sales of the Spa.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee