Nurses have many duties, including caring for patients, communicating with doctors, administering medicine and checking vital signs. They monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice.
- Monitors and administers medication and intravenous infusions
- Monitors and records patient’s condition and document provided care services
- Prescribes assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Provides physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
- Takes patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Orders medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Draws blood, and perform other health-related testing
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Must have attained the Licensure/ Certification of Nursing
- Must have relevant experience of 2 years as nurse
- Familiarity with professional and technical emerging knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
Skills needed for this role
The Nurse must have the multitasking ability and can work well under pressure. He/She must have excellent communication skills, in-depth knowledge of patient care, exceptional time-management skills and problem-solving and critical thinking skills.