The Procurement Manager oversees a company’s sourcing capabilities and supply chain. He/She is responsible for finding and evaluating suppliers, products and services, negotiating contracts and acquiring the most cost-efficient deals without compromising on quality.
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Negotiates with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Delegates tasks and supervising the work of Purchasing and Procurement Agents across all departments
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Acts as a point of contact between the company and suppliers
- Identifies areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results
- Negotiates contracts, terms and deadlines with vendors and suppliers
- Leads a team of Purchasing Agents and delegate tasks across departments when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven work experience as a Procurement Manager for more than 5 years
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Oracle, SAP Ariba, and/or Envision.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
- Knowledgeable of inventory software
- Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions
Skills needed for this role
The Procurement Manager must have a strong understanding of procurement and negotiation techniques and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. He/she must have strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Being able to travel to meet with suppliers and work overtime as required is also essential for this role.