The Purchasing Agent purchases goods and services according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures. He/She makes purchases for businesses, ensuring that these companies benefit from products and services that they need to carry out their tasks efficiently
- Purchases goods and services according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Researches and compares suppliers, goods, and services.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Oversees supplier-related activities and their performance to ensure that they’re meeting compliance
- Coordinates with managers to maintain inventory levels.
- Develops a profitable strategy that saves the client money and ensures quality goods are supplied to meet their needs.
- Prepares and implements effective negotiation tactics
- Analyzes and resolves purchasing issues/discrepancies
- Monitors inventory levels and determines purchase needs.
- Evaluates vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or relevant field.
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Agent and similar roles
- Working knowledge of legal regulations and ISO requirements.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
- Proficiency in CRM and inventory management software programs.
Skills needed for this role
The Purchasing Agent must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven negotiation skills. He/She must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational skills and attention to detail. Having a thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee