The Store Manager is responsible for the general management of a retail store. He/She is responsible for leading a team of Sales Associates to assist customers in their shopping needs. His/Her duties include hiring and training qualified store employees, taking inventory of products or placing orders as needed and helping Sales Associates handle customer questions or complaints.
- Drives customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, story layout, and selling procedures
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Delivers excellent service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Undertakes store administration duties such as managing store budgets and updating financial records.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Makes sure wages, work hours, and equal employment opportunities are upheld according to federal and state laws
- Recruites, interviews, hires, disciplines and fires staff at the store
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Proven work experience as a Store Manager
- Basic math skills sufficient to complete orders, calculate inventory, and manage cash registers
- Must have Customer-oriented approach
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
Skills needed for this role
The Store Manager must have excellent organizational, time management, prioritization, and multitasking skills. He/She must have experience with interviewing, hiring and evaluating candidates, and assessing employee performance. He/She must also be an excellent communicator to demonstrate outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills.