The Telemarketer is responsible for talking to potential customers on the phone to sell products or solicit donations. His/Her duties include tracking customer contact lists, explaining the benefits of their products and taking payment information.
- Delivers scripted talks that describe the company’s products or services
- Reaches out to existing and potential customers to present our product and service offering
- Calls potential customers to sell products or services
- Answers customer information about products, a charity or political beliefs
- Obtains customer information such as name and address for shipping products or delivering services
- Explains products or services and prices, and answers questions from customers.
- Keeps track of customers that have been contacted and those who do not want to be contacted in the future
- Communicates with customers to understand their requirements and and need
- Answer telephone calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements.
- A high school qualification or general education diploma
- Proven previous experience as a Telemarketer
- Good knowledge of sales tools such as CRM software
- Experience handling and processing payment information over the phone is advantageous
- The ability to establish and maintain professional networks.
Skills needed for this role
The Telemarketer must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively on the phone. He/She must use phone etiquette best practices and must learn about new products or services quickly. Being able to work well independently and having good time management are also essential for this role.
Less than 1 Year Experienced Employee
Sales and Marketing