The Telesales Representative works as part of a sales team. He/She contacts customers directly by telephone to make sales or support field sales representatives by setting appointments or qualifying prospects. He/She builds repeat sales through strong customer relationships by focusing on customers’ wants and needs, rather than using high-pressure sales techniques.
- Supports of sales processes via phone calls to the customers
- Asks questions to engage customers and keep the conversation going.
- Introduces the organization’s products or services to customers in order to follow up with further steps of the sales process
- Uses a database to identify customers who have bought a product in the past or prospects whose profiles indicate that they are likely to buy.
- Communicates with customers to understand their requirements and need
- Keeps an updated customer database
- Meets sales quotas.
- Lets customers know about new products or promotions that are relevant to their needs or preferences
- Initiates repeated orders by follow up phone calls after the customers’ purchases
- A high school qualification or general education diploma
- Proven previous experience as a Telemarketer
- Hand on experience with sales tools such as CRM software
- The patience and ability to engage customers in conversation.
- Ability and willingness to learn about products and services specifications and benefits
Skills needed for this role
The Telesales Representative must demonstrate outstanding verbal communication skills and a positive attitude. He/She must use phone etiquette best practices and must learn about new products or services quickly. He/She must have the ability to handle being rejected and remain calm and collected. Being able to work well independently and having good time management are also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Sales and Marketing