The Truck Driver is responsible for transporting goods from one location to another. His duties include loading their vehicles, abiding by traffic laws and ensuring safe unloading and delivery at their destination.
- Drive and operate trucks.
- Communicating and coordinating with dispatchers
- Follow instructions; locate and read location and road maps.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher
- Pre-inspect truck.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items
- Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Collect, analyze and verify delivery instructions
- High School diploma or general educational diploma
- Proven work experience as a Truck Driver
- Valid professional driver’s license for the required vehicle type.
- Experience with electronic equipment and software such as GPS, AVL units or CB
- Good ability to drive with no prior violations.
- Proven work experience as a Delivery Driver
- Familiarity with local streets, neighborhoods, and routes
Skills needed for this role
The Truck Driver must be proficient at driving, maneuvering, and parking large vehicles. He must be physically fit and able to sit for long time periods, perform truck maintenance, and lift 25 pounds comfortably. He should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee