The Warehouse Associate carries out the logistics of receiving, processing, storing and sending inventory according to purchase orders and shipping schedules. His/Her duties include loading orders onto trucks and shipping containers, organizing incoming stock and putting the appropriate labels on outgoing parcels.
- Collects merchandise from the distribution center and safely transports materials to the shipping bay.
- Embarks merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools
- Maintains clear records on all inventory and stock.
- Receives and documents merchandise for delivery or return.
- Receives, processes, labels, and stores incoming stock.
- Keeps an inventory of all merchandise entering or exiting the warehouse.
- Assists with counter sales and delivery as appropriate and as needed.
- Tracks and documents exact shipment arrival and departure times
- Identifies any missing, lost or damaged materials and immediately notify the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or general educational diploma.
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Associate or similar roles
- A forklift driver’s certification.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with warehouse equipment, including forklifts, pallet jacks, and computer-based inventory systems
Skills needed for this role
The Warehouse Associate must have great physical stamina and manual dexterity, a team player, and must have good organizational and time-management skills. Having great interpersonal and communication skills are also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee