A Web Designer works on the creative side of producing a website. They are responsible for designing visual elements for use online, reflecting the company’s branding and design aesthetic. They create layouts for landing pages, product pages and other areas of the website and test different designs to see which are most effective.
- Designs graphics, animations and manipulate digital photographs
- Produces design assets for use in social media and marketing channels
- Implements and maintains high quality SEO policies and incorporating them with web content
- Provides project leadership for production specialists, casual and student employees during web development projects
- Creates engaging and effective websites, microsites, social media initiatives, mobile applications, and more
- Creates Photoshop Design File (PSDs) for visual layout of web pages and converting designs into HTML and CSS
- Designs the website’s visual imagery and ensure it’s in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in web design, computer science, or a related field a plus
- 1 year relevant work experience as a web designer
- Portfolio of strong creative work
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Social media and email marketing experience a plus
Skills needed for this role
The Web Designer should include planning site design by clarifying goals and designing functionality through site navigation by categorizing content and funneling traffic through content. Web Designers will have a combination of technical skills and creative ability to create digital designs that improve the site’s performance. He/She must also portray excellent communication skills.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee