The Visual Designer designs for a variety of platforms, which may include Internet and intranet sites, games, movies, kiosks and wearables. In short, they create the concepts, artwork and layouts for digital projects based on creative briefs and client meetings.
- Designs original graphics with unique colors, shapes, and typography fonts
- Presents the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Develops the look and function for digital media interfaces including business website, games and other mobile devices
- Works within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Submits visual design concepts for brainstorming and approval in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use software.
- Meets with computer programmers and coders to establish a timeline and milestones for projects
- Researches and gathers factual information and relay it to Senior Visual Designers and other collaborating departments
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) as well as Sketch
- Proven work experience as a Visual Designer
- Acceptable level of programing and coding knowledge to understand limitations and option for coding within the website and other digital technologies
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Familiarity with Human-Computer Interaction
- Exceptional ability to collaborate on visual design projects and integrate feedback.
Skills needed for this role
The Visual Designer must have experience with transitions, animation, motion design and dynamic interaction. He/She must have excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills. Having the ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously are also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee