The Desktop Support Engineer resolves a variety of information technology (IT) issues. He/She fixes issues with a company’s desktop computers. He/She also works with laptops and mitigates security and server issues that affect business networks.
- Conducts remote desktop troubleshoot to end-users along with documentation ticket maintenance
- Installs and maintains equipment and software.
- Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals.
- Advises on software or hardware upgrades.
- Trains Personalize new applications regarding client issues.
- Installs and upgrades operating systems and computer software.
- Performs the system changes adhered to organizational policies
- Monitors the performance of a company’s desktop infrastructure and provides suggestions to improve efficiency.
- Guides end users on usage of computer hardware and software.
- Interacts with staff on desktop problems and their resolution.
- Completes job reports and orders supplies.
- Makes report of the customer queries
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or related field of study.
- Proven experience as a Desktop Support Engineer or other related roles
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems, chipsets, memory modules, and peripherals.
- Exceptional knowledge of working with Windows/ Linux and Mac OS systems.
- Proficient knowledge of antivirus software.
Skills needed for this role
The Desktop Support Engineer requires experience with the Windows operating system, antivirus knowledge, Microsoft active directory, cloud computing, and peripheral devices. He/She must possess a customer-oriented mindset that will help you solve client issues and ensure client satisfaction.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Computer Science, Information & Technology