The Hospitality Manager is responsible for managing hospitality staff and ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the company’s hospitality department run smoothly. They make sure that everyone follows hotel policies and procedures, and maintain the standards and quality of the services provided.
- Recruits new staff and trains them according to hotel policies.
- Produces and presents the monthly and quarterly reports and finances.
- Evaluates the staff along with the Hotel Manager on the basis of performance and participation.
- Checks the quantity and quality of supplies and equipment on a daily basis, such as guest amenities.
- Improves guest satisfaction by providing extraordinary customer services.
- Works closely and liaises with the client services team (reception) and other support staff departments i.e. secretaries, marketing, general office and security
- Inspects the grounds, public areas and guest rooms for appearance and cleanliness
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within banqueting, conferencing or a hotel environment
- Good financial awareness and strong management skills
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in the Hospitality Department as a Hospitality Manager or a similar role.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
Skills needed for this role
The Hospitality Manager should know how the industry operates. He/She must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, a strong leadership presence, and superior customer service skills. He/She should love working with people, because this exciting and challenging profession requires a lot of interaction with the general public, as well as personnel.
Hospitality, Customer Service