The Hotel Concierge acts as the first point of contact between guests and an organization. He/She is tasked with answering guest inquiries, directing phone calls, coordinating travel plans, and more. He/She also assists guests with a variety of needs and helps them save time and ensure that things are as convenient and pleasant as possible throughout their stay.
- Responsible for greeting and welcoming guests
- Acts as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information and attend to their wishes and requirements
- Understands customer’s needs and provide them with personalized solutions by suggesting activities and facilities provided by the hotel
- Acquires extensive knowledge of the premises and the nearby venues and businesses to make the most suitable recommendations
- Arranges events, excursions, transportation etc. upon request from hotel residents
- Answers the phone and make reservations, take and distribute messages or mail and redirect calls
- Responds to complaints and find the appropriate solution
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- Familiarity with location, neighborhood, and local attractions, including restaurants, bars etc. Working knowledge of office software, point-of-sale, and phone systems
- Ability to interact with all guests and owners, internal and external, effectively with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to suggest a wide variety of local and statewide attractions for guest entertainment
Skills needed for this role
The Hotel Concierge must have basic mathematical and calculator skills, follow through skills. He/She must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as administrative skills. Having excellent organizational and multitasking skills are also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee