The Public Relations Intern entry-level media and public relation professional responsible for providing support to the PR department and senior. He/She assists a Publicist in promoting a collection of films and education programs and utilizing promotional campaigns, grassroots outreach, and community building to increase regional awareness and attendance (ticket sales).
- Researches and develops new media contacts, update databases, and press lists.
- Schedules and coordinates speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
- Navigates database management software and word-processing systems to produce work promptly
- Creates engaging content for media releases, social media platforms, and newsletters.
- Provides assistance with the execution of company’s PR strategy
- Identifies media opportunities for print, online, and broadcast (TV, radio).
- Assists with mailings and print production
- Currently enrolled in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related fields
- Passion and a true interest in the PR industry
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite experience and an understanding of basic layout and graphic design principles a plus
Skills needed for this role
Public relations interns have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a keen sense of what makes compelling news. He/She must have the ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end. He/She must also have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
Less than 1 Year Experienced Employee
Public Relations, Marketing